The Receptionist oversees and administers all clerical activities relating to the day-to-day operation of the Company. The Receptionist works closely with the Director of Operations to ensure that operations comply with the standards set forth by ABC Recovery Center, Inc
- Receptionist for Administration building.
- Assisting customers/clients and directing them to the appropriate department.
- Oversee and control the restocking of office supplies.
- Answer’s multiple-line telephone system; correctly directs calls; takes accurate messages and ensures that messages are delivered.
- Maintains client confidentiality under HIPAA.
- Receives/sort mail and faxes and distributes to appropriate employees and clients.
- Evaluate the need for new equipment and/or supply items and recommend capital purchases to the Director of Operation.
- Assure that equipment is always in good working order; communicate need for repairs or problems with equipment.
- Other duties as assigned. The Receptionist will fulfil responsibilities assigned by the Director of Operations.
- Job Knowledge: Competent in required job skills and knowledge, exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills, keeps abreast of current developments, requires minimal supervision, displays understanding of how job relates to others, uses resources effectively.
- Judgement: Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports, and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision making process, and makes timely decisions.
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, resolves problems in early stages, and works well in group problem solving situations.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, accepts criticism and feedback and changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Communication: Displays courtesy and sensitivity, manages difficult or emotional customer situations, meets commitments, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Customer services: Displays courtesy and sensitivity, manages difficult or emotional customer situations, meets commitments, responds promptly to customer needs, and solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Dependability: Responds to requests for service and assistance, follows instructions, responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions, commits to doing the best job possible, keeps commitments, and meets attendance and punctuality guidelines.
- Knowledge and understanding of CARF standards.
- Strong time management skills that demonstrate the ability to work independently while completing all daily tasks.
- Ability to maintain a neat and professional appearance, and provide excellent customer service as needed.
- Ability to function effectively and remain calm in stressful situations.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through verbal and written words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas verbally and written so others will understand.
- Identify/recognize when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and know who to involve for resolution.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 2 years’ relevant experience in an office environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- 2 years' of experience working in a behavioral health setting preferred.
- 2 years’ of experience in accounting or finance preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Bilingual/Spanish, able to read, write and speak Spanish proficiently.
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Physical: Work functions of this position are primarily performed in an office environment. Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight (up to 40 pounds); Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to include repetitive keyboarding, grasping, and reaching to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and/or standard office equipment.
Vision: Close, distant, and peripheral vision ability, including depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Verbal: Capable of clearly communicating with fellow co-workers, managers, and clients of the Center.
Hearing: Hear normal audio range with or without correction.
Environment: Work is performed in a standard clinical environment with client contact and frequent interruptions. Due to the nature of this position, there may be exposure to bodily fluids, odors, and cleaning products on an occasional basis.
A.B.C. Recovery Center, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. It is our policy to abide by all federal, state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based on a person's race (including hair texture and hairstyles), color, religious creed sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status (including protected veterans), marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by managers to perform other instructions and duties. This job description may be revised from time to time and does not constitute a contract for employment.