Incidental Medical Services (IMS) Manager
We are currently looking for a highly skilled and dedicated Incidental Medical Services (IMS) Manager to join our organization and make a difference in the lives of individuals struggling with addiction.
The Incidental Medical Services (IMS) Manager’s responsibility is to focus on the stabilization and management of psychological and physiological symptoms associated with withdrawal during the detoxification process in a substance abuse treatment facility. The IMS Manager will work collaboratively with the medical director to manage client incidental medical needs, manage withdrawal symptoms, support medication assisted treatment services, monitor client’s health status, and provide overall support to clients in a substance-use disorder (SUD) treatment setting.
The IMS manager must have a strong understanding of medical practices and procedures and have experience in treatment and recovery in a SUD treatment facility, particularly in the detoxification process of those with a substance use disorder.
- Manage the medical aspects and stabilization of clients in the detox level of care.
- Develop and implement detoxification protocols in accordance with established guidelines.
- Monitor and evaluate the progress of clients during the detoxification phase.
- Collaborate with the treatment team to ensure a comprehensive and effective detoxification process and well-being of clients during withdrawal process.
- Obtain and assess the medical histories of clients to determine appropriate treatment plans.
- Conduct thorough medical assessments to identify any potential health risks.
- Document and maintain accurate medical records of clients.
- Monitor and manage withdrawal symptoms of clients undergoing detoxification.
- Continuously monitor the health status of clients throughout their treatment journey.
- Oversee the self-administration of client medications and treatments to alleviate withdrawal symptoms.
- Assess and address any medical concerns or emergencies promptly.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance to clients regarding their physical health and their recovery.
- Provide evidence-based SUD treatment services to clients.
- Collaborate with the treatment team to develop individualized treatment plans.
- Conduct regular assessments to evaluate the effectiveness of treatment interventions.
- Educate clients on the proper use and storage of their medications.
- Monitor medication adherence and address any concerns or issues.
- Achievement Focus: Sets and achieves challenging goals, demonstrates persistence, and overcomes obstacles, measures self against standard of excellence, recognizes and acts on opportunities, and takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Business Acumen: Understands business implications of decisions, conducts cost-benefit analyses, displays orientation to profitability, demonstrates knowledge of market and competition, and aligns work with strategic goals.
- Communications: Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally, expresses ideas and thoughts in written form, exhibits good listening and comprehension, keeps others adequately informed, and selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Managing Customer Focus: Promotes customer focus, establishes customer service standards, provides training in customer service delivery, monitors customer satisfaction and develops new approaches to meeting customer needs.
- Managing People: Provides direction and gains compliance, includes subordinates in planning, takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities, makes self-available to subordinates, provides regular performance feedback, and develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth.
- Planning & Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, plans for additional resources, integrates changes smoothly, sets goals and objectives and works in an organized manner.
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, resolves problems in early stages and works well in group problem solving solutions.
- Strong clinical/medical skills and attention to details skills.
- Knowledge of DHCS, Accreditation, CARF, and Drug Medi-Cal and IMS standards of care.
- Ability to use technology, popular computer software, including electronic health records, databases, and research and DMS and ICD diagnosis software.
- Ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions, including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events.
- Ability to analyze, strategize, solve problems, and identify/recognize when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and know who to involve for a resolution.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, work independently and as an effective team member, use good judgment, and make timely decisions.
- Must have acquired the required state licensure, at minimum an LVN, preferred RN.
- RN licensure must have a minimum of four (4) years’ experience in the medical field.
- LVN must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a substance-use disorder treatment setting.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ management experience.
- Must have working knowledge of evidence-based practices, and experience leading and managing teams.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in nursing or related field is preferred.
- Active and current RN License is preferred.
- Active and current LVN License is required.
- Basic CPR and First Aid Certificate is required.
- Driver's License is required.
- A minimum of four years' experience as an RN in the field of behavioral health is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as an LVN in a treatment setting for substance abuse disorders is required.
- A minimum of two years of experience working in a substance-use disorder treatment setting is required.
- A minimum of three years' experience in nursing management is required.
- Bilingual Spanish speaking is preferred.